Transportation Details for the Foreign Participants
Participants are expected to reach to #Bunk Taksim Hostel by their own means. Due to the diversity of dates and times of arrival, a common shuttle service could not be arranged.
After the end of the cultural trip, the foreign participants will come to Ankara with a bus arranged by our Logistics Team.
For your flight back, it is advisable to buy your ticket from Ankara Esenboğa International Airport (ESB). The participants, who have already bought their return tickets from İstanbul Atatürk International Airport, may book a bus ticket from AŞTİ (bus terminal of Ankara) to İstanbul for their departure. If you need any help about the bus tickets from Ankara to Istanbul, you may consult our team. When you book your return flight from Istanbul Atatürk International Airport, our Logistics Team suggests you to take into consideration that the bus trip from AŞTİ to Istanbul Esenler Bus Terminal lasts more or less 6 hours.
From İstanbul Atatürk Airport to #Bunk Taksim
- You should take airport shuttles called ‘HAVATAŞ’ to Taksim direction. It costs 11 TL. You will be leaving the bus at Taksim where the hostel is located. The station where you leave the bus is five minutes away from the hostel by foot. Please check the map below for the walking route.
From Sabiha Gökçen Airport to #Bunk Taksim
- You should take airport shuttles called ‘HAVATAŞ’ to Taksim direction. It costs 14 TL. You will be leaving the bus at Taksim where the hostel is located. The station where you leave the bus is five minutes away from the hostel by foot. Please check the map below for the walking route.
Transportation Details to the Hotel for Local Participants
Participants can check in at Dafne Hotel on April 22th, after 14.00.
From Esenboğa Airport to the Hotel (Ankara)
There are various options from Esenboğa Airport to Dafne Hotel.
- There are airport shuttles called ‘Belko Air’. You should take the shuttle to AŞTİ (Intercity Bus Station). It costs 8 TL per person and that’s the cheapest way to city from the airport. From AŞTİ;
- You can take a taxi to Dafne Hotel. There is a taxi point inside AŞTİ and you can easily recognize taxis since they all are yellow and carrying a “Taksi” sign. Please write down the address of the hotel, which is located on our website, and give it to the taxi driver since most of them do not speak English. A taxi ride from AŞTİ to hotel costs approximately 18 TL. (Between 15 and 20 TL).
- There are also blue minibuses (Dolmuş) from AŞTİ to Taurus Shopping Mall, which is located approximately 8-10 minutes by foot from Dafne Hotel. It costs 2,25 TL per person. However, we do not recommend this way as it might be inconvenient when you have a luggage.
- As another option, you can take a taxi directly from Esenboğa Airport to Dafne Hotel. It costs almost 100 TL.
From AŞTİ to the Hotel
- The easiest way is taking a taxi from AŞTİ to Dafne Hotel. It costs approximately 18 TL. (Between 15 and 20 TL)
- There are also minibuses from AŞTİ to Taurus Shopping Mall which is located approximately 8-10 minutes by foot from Dafne Hotel. It costs 2.25 TL per person. However, we do not recommend this way as it might be inconvenient when you have a luggage.
From Kızılay (City Center) or Bahçelievler to METU
- You can take the blue minibuses called ‘Dolmuş’ with a sign ODTÜ from Güvenpark (in Kızılay) or Milli Kütüphane (Bahçelievler). You should ask the driver to get off at “İşletme” (İİBF B) building once you get inside the METU campus. At the campus entry, campus security may ask you to get off to check your credentials. This is the normal procedure. If the process takes too long, security may help you to take the next minibus or the in-campus ring service without any charges.
- You can also use the Metro (underground) line from Kızılay. You should take the train which goes to Koru direction and get off the train at the Orta Doğu Teknik Üniversitesi (ODTÜ) station which is located near the A1 (main) gate of the METU campus. From the A1 gate, you can use in-campus ring service, bus number 133, or a taxi to reach the “İşletme” (İİBF B) building, where EUROsimA sessions will be held.